Funds for Scientific & Research Production are available!
The IIBA Research Committee would like to invite you to participate in the call to stimulate the production of scientific & research production in the field of Bioenergetic Analysis. The Board of Trustees (BoT) has allocated a fund of up to 5,000 EUR in order to support projects which promote the research culture in and dissemination of scientific knowledge of Bioenergetic Analysis.
Who can apply?
Active trainees, members and their local societies may submit requests for financial support. If the application is done on behalf of a local society, a representative and hence contact person has to be named. You can also participate in collaboration with a university and/or another institutional body.
The amount of financial support by the IIBA can vary from 500 to 1,000 EUR/USD. (Up to 10 initiatives can be financed.)
What types of projects are eligible?
- 1 | Category A: Articles about research for scientific journals managed by the IIBA and/or by affiliated local societies.
- 2 | Category B: Research studies (in the planning, execution or completion phase) that aim to bring scientific contributions to the field of Bioenergetic Analysis.
- 3 | Category C: Scientific publication of studies and research on Bioenergetic Analysis that require translation and/or funding to publish in a journal with a high international impact factor.
How to make the proposal?
A written presentation of the work or proposal that must not exceed 3,000 words for financial support to scientific journals - Category A - , and 5,000 words for the Research Proposal (word limits exclude bibliography) - Category B - . The proposal for financial support for the translation and publication of studies and research must attach the article/document to be published - Category C -.
The cover page must be submitted in Word format and in English. The name of the applicant must appear only on the Cover Sheet of the application. Proposals for Category A and Category B must be submitted in English and optionally can be sent in the original language. Category C, when it involves a translation request, must contain at least the abstract in English.
Category A | Research proposal and financial support to scientific journals shall include
- Introduction with Presentation of the scientific journal and its objectives.
- Current status of the scientific journal and results
- Goals to be achieved with financial support
- Budget forecast of expenses with the requested resource
Category B | Research studies shall include
- Summary and summary
- Introduction for the purpose of research
- The methodology to be used
- The proposed sample
- The tools to be used
- The proposed time frame for the research project.
- Expected results to be obtained or partial results already found.
Category C | Proposal for translation and/or publication shall include
- Attach the article/document you want to translate and/or publish.
- The abstract must be in English.
Attention! Your proposal details have to be uploaded when filling in the application form.
Please fill in the submission form
- All actions in your proposal must be able to be executed within 8 months.
- Estimated grants available: Up to 5,000 EUR/USD. Up to 10 initiatives can be financed.
- The Evaluation Committee of submitted proposals may be composed of members of the Research Committee, as well as indications given by the BoT with technical capacity from different local affiliated societies.
- Any questions relating to the call should be sent by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org, no later than 2 working days before the submission deadline.
- November 23, 2022: Publication of the Call, Publicity will be via IIBA Newsletter, followed by social media and follow up e-mails to active trainees and members of the IIBA.
- January 20, 2023: Submission Deadline NEW DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION: FEBRUARY 5, 2023
- February 20, 2023: Deadline for evaluating proposals
- March 10, 2023: Publication of the final result
- March 13 - 17, 2023: Resources
- March 20 - 24, 2023: Final result
- April 2023: Transfer of resources
- April 2023 - December 2023: Execution of benefited actions
Research Committee | Alexandre Franca Barreto | Livia Agresti | Sara Invitto | Maria Rosaria Filoni | Ann L-K Coleman | Margit Koemeda-Lutz (Consultant) | Vita Heinrich-Clauer (Consultant)