IIBA is delighted that you have visited our website and thanks you for your interest in our organization.
Our privacy statement covers five main areas: Awareness, Choice, Access & Correction, Security, and additional web site issues.
Furthermore, we would like to inform you about:
• the existence of your rights regarding the processing of your personal data
• our Data Protection Officer
What information we collect
On IIBA's web sites, over the telephone, or through the mail, you are able to order products or services from IIBA, apply for IIBA membership, and register for conferences. The types of personal information collected by IIBA may include your name, your membership status, your profession, your contact and billing information for business and home (including telephone number and e-mail address). In order to tailor our subsequent communications to you and continuously improve our products and services, we may also ask you to provide us with information regarding your personal or professional interests, demographics, experience with our products, and contact preferences. By using our web sites, or by contacting us over the telephone, or through the mail, you may transfer your personal information to locations outside of the jurisdiction in which you live.
Information collected through technology
When you use any of our web sites or services, we or our service providers may collect tracking information such as your browser type, mobile device, the type of operating system you use, the domain name of your Internet service provider, and pages visited on the web sites. We use this information for aggregate reporting. For example, we may want to know how long the average user spends on our web sites or which pages or features get the most attention. We use this information to make our web sites and other products and services more useful to you; to provide you with more effective customer service; to make the web sites or services easier to use by eliminating the need for you to repeatedly enter the same information; to perform research and analysis aimed at improving our products, services and technologies; and to display content and advertising that are customized to your interests and preferences. (See Section 5, Additional Web Site Issues.)
How we use the information
IIBA uses your information to better understand your needs and provide you with better service. Specifically, we use your information to help you complete transactions requested by you, to communicate back to you, and to offer and update you on IIBA services and benefits.
As a benefit to IIBA members, IIBA will (at no charge) include your name and relevant biographical information in IIBA directories. From time to time, we may also desire to contact you for market research or survey purposes or to provide you with information we think would be of particular interest. IIBA will not reveal your personal information publicly or to any third party (except as stated below) unless we receive your explicit permission to do so. If at any time you would like to have your name removed from IIBA lists and/or directories, please follow the directions given below in the "Choice" section (Section 2) of this document to opt-out of such contact.
With whom we share the information
IIBA strives to keep your personally identifiable information accurate. We will provide you with access to your information, including making every reasonable effort to provide you with online or telephone access to your registration data so that you may review, ask to update or correct your personal information. To protect your privacy and security, we will also take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting you access or enabling you to make corrections. If you are an IIBA member, you can access your personal information by logging into “Log In” with your user ID and password, following the directions listed under "My web user profile." You may also request a change in your personal information by contacting the IIBA Back-Office either by e-mail at email@example.com; or by telephone at +34 62 35 63 247.
You have certain rights under the General Data Protection Regulation including the right to request a copy of the personal information we hold about you, if you request it from us in writing:
- Right to access: the right to obtain access to your information (if we’re processing it);
- Right to correct: if your personal information is inaccurate or incomplete you have the right to have your personal information rectified;
- Right to erasure: this is also known as “the right to be forgotten” and, in simple terms, enables you to request the deletion or removal of your information where there’s no compelling reason for us to keep using it. This is not a general right to erasure; there are exceptions. For example, we have the right to continue using your personal data if such use is necessary for compliance with our legal obligations or for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims;
- Right to restrict our use of your information: the right to suspend the usage of your personal information or limit the way in which we can use it. Please note that this right is limited in certain situations: When we are processing your personal information that we collected from you with your consent you can only request restriction on the basis of: (a) inaccuracy of data; (b) where our processing is unlawful and you don’t want your personal information erased; (c) you need it for a legal claim; or (d) if we no longer need to use the data for the purposes for which we hold it. When processing is restricted, we can still store your information, but may not use it further. We keep lists of people who have asked for restriction of the use of their personal information to make sure the restriction is respected in future;
- Right to data portability: the right to request that we move, copy or transfer (where technically feasible) your personal information in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format, for your own purposes across different services;
- Right to object: the right to object to our use of your personal information including where we use it for our legitimate interests, direct marketing;
- Right to be informed: you have the right to be provided with clear, transparent and easily understandable information about how we use your personal information; and
- Right to withdraw consent: if you have given your consent to anything we do with your personal information, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time (although if you do so, it does not mean that anything we have done with your personal information with your consent up to that point is unlawful).
The exercise of these rights is free of charge for you, however, you are required to prove your identity with 2 pieces of approved identification. We will use reasonable efforts consistent with our legal duty to supply, correct or delete personal information about you on our files.
When we receive formal written complaints, we will contact the person who made the complaint to follow up.
If you are not satisfied with the way any complaint you make in relation to your personal information is handled by us then you may refer your complaint to the relevant data protection supervisory authority.
Where can you lodge a complaint?
You have the right to lodge a complaint with our Data Protection Officer (for contact details see section 4 below).
Who is the Data Protection Officer?
Our Data Protection Officer is Josette Van Luytelaar.
IIBA is committed to ensuring the security of your information. To prevent unauthorized access or disclosure, maintain data accuracy, and ensure the appropriate use of information, we have put in place appropriate physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Any unauthorized access to or use of any of our web sites and other products and services or to the information collected and maintained by us should be immediately brought to our attention by contacting us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by writing to us at IIBA - International Institute for Bioenergetic Analysis, C/ dels Ametllers, 6 - 08670 Navàs - Barcelona (Spain), Attention: Data Protection Officer. We will investigate, and, if necessary, take action to halt any violation of the security of your personal information of which we become aware.
Your access to some services and content is password protected. We recommend that you do not divulge your password to anyone. IIBA will never ask you for your password in an unsolicited phone call or in an unsolicited email. You should not disclose your user name and password to others. In addition, if applicable, you should remember to sign out of your IIBA account or service at the end of each session. You may also wish to close your browser window when you have finished your work. This is to ensure that others cannot access your personal information and correspondence if you share a computer with someone else or are using a computer in a public place like a library.
Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Accordingly, despite our best efforts to protect your personal information, IIBA cannot completely ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us, or to or from our online products or services. You transmit all such information at your own risk. However, once we receive your transmission, we make our best effort to ensure its security on our systems.
How IIBA uses technology to improve your web site experience
Most aggregate information is collected via cookies, web beacons and other technical methods. Web beacons (also known as clear gifs), in conjunction with cookies, are used to compile statistics about site usage. Web beacons are small pieces of data that are embedded in images on the pages of Web sites or applications. We or our service providers use these technical methods to analyse the traffic patterns on our web sites, such as the frequency with which our users visit various parts of our web sites and to measure site effectiveness or use of online products and services. We also use Web beacons in HTML e-mails that we send our visitors who have agreed to receive e-mail from us, to determine whether our recipients have opened those e-mails and/or clicked on links in those e-mails. If you choose to furnish IIBA with personally identifiable information, this information can be associated to the data stored in the cookies or Web beacons. These technical methods may involve the transmission of information either directly to us or to our service providers. These technical methods allow us to make our web sites and other products and services, and any e-mails you have agreed to receive, more interesting to you. You may render some Web beacons unusable by rejecting their associated cookies.
Links to third party websites
Links to third party web sites are provided solely as a convenience to you. If you use these links, you will leave the IIBA site. IIBA has not comprehensively reviewed all of these third-party sites and does not control and is not responsible for any of these sites, their content or their privacy policies. Thus, IIBA does not endorse or make any representations about them, or any information, software or other products or materials found there, or any results that may be obtained from using them. If you decide to access any of the third-party sites linked to this site, you do this entirely at your own risk.
6. Enforcement contact information
If you have any questions or comments regarding our privacy practices, please contact IIBA Data Protection Officer at email@example.com.
7. Changes to this statement