MSBA & Atlantic Canada 2022 - 2023 training group
MSBA & Atlantic Canada 2022 - 2023 Training Group
We offer a unique combination of in-depth learning, personal growth, and professional training. Our training focuses on guiding therapists to respond creatively moment to moment with a wide of variety of clients. We teach body based tools and techniques to use within psychodynamic psychotherapy. Through this process people become more connected to their bodies, know themselves, and understand the impact of their histories on the present. We welcome both participants interested in personal growth and therapists as we share tears, challenges, and have lots of fun in a small group, retreat setting.
- Sessions held over 4 extended in-person weekends (Thursday morning - Sunday midday) plus 2 online shorter weekends via Zoom.
- The training includes both didactic and experiential teaching methods, along with relevant readings, discussions, and extensive group work. Trainees who successfully complete the full training program are eligible to apply to become Certified Bioenergetic Therapists through the International Institute of Bioenergetic Analysis.
In addition to the theory and practice of Bioenergetic Analysis, the training focuses on personal growth. Understanding how our history shaped our present, how our character structure evolved, and how we can decrease our fears and energetic blocks, we can move toward being the therapists we strive to be. Ultimately, as Bioenergetic therapists, our bodily experience and our personal development guide our work. Thus, we place a strong emphasis on individual Bioenergetic therapy for trainees, both in the group and with their personal therapist.
Testimonial from a recent training program graduate: "Ultimately the training program became one of the richest experiences of my life. I grew as a person as I came to understand, and to accept, how my childhood shaped my development and the adult I’ve become. The program included an informative didactic component; however, its richness came from empirical, body-based learning with my peers. The sharing of feelings, stories, tears, and laughs built a sense of community that I had rarely experienced before.” - Dan B, 2022 training graduate from Canada
Training dates for 2022/2023 (~20 days total)
- Oct. 19 – 23, onsite in Northern New England, location to be announced.
- Dec. 7 – 10, onsite in Northern New England, location to be announced
- Jan. 20 – 22 online via Zoom
- March 3 – 5 online via Zoom
- April 13 – 16, in person at Essex Woods Conference and Retreat in Essex, MA
- June 1 – 4, onsite in Northern New England, location to be announced
In-person weekends meet Thursday morning to Sunday midday. | Online weekends meet Friday evening, Sat ~6 hours, Sun ~ 6 hours. | Generally 1 additional meeting in small groups is required between sessions and is scheduled by participants.
More information: https://www.massbioenergetics.org/training/
- From 19.10.2022 to 23.10.2022