We are happy to announce that we have received a great number of applications for the IIBA Awards 2019! Applications came from all over the world and we would like to thank everyone who has put their time and effort into the procedure.
During the Membership Meeting at the 25th IIBA International Conference (in Torres Vedras, Portugal) in the end of May, Miriam Bergamini Mantau, our IIBA Awards 2019 Central Convenor, announced the winners of IIBA Awards 2019:
Winners of the IIBA Awards 2019
“Mixed-method research on the effectiveness of the process of bioenergetic therapy in fostering embodiment and grounded transformative narratives”
by Livia Savarese from italy
“A never-ending plight for authentic love - handling schizoid ambivalence”
by Iana Carolina Maciel Franza from Brazil
“Grounding: the bioenergetic analysis as a support for the young adolescent apprentice in the labor market ”
by Maria Adélia Piquet Gonçalves Menezes from Brazil
The IIBA Awards honor the most outstanding papers submitted. The winners (3 categories: research, clinical and social) received a cash prize of 500 EUR, an award certificate and a free pass to the 25th IIBA International Conference.
A total of 12 papers were submitted:
◎ Research Category: 3 papers
• Livia Savarese from Italy: Mixed-method research on the effectiveness of the process of bioenergetic therapy in fostering embodiment and grounded transformative narratives. +
• Alexandre Franca Barreto from Brazil: Efficacy of bioenergetics in the health of patients with depressive symptomatology attended by the unified health system: a randomized clinical trial.
• Lindervania Dos Santos Silva from Brazil: The approach of bioenergetic analysis and its contributions to the humanization of childbirth care.
◎ Clinical Category: 4 papers
• Iana Carolina Maciel Franza from Brazil: A never-ending plight for authentic love - handling schizoid ambivalence.
• María Inés García Laredo from Argentina: Vital energy beyond paralysis - bioenergetic work with a physically disabled patient.
• Scheila Patricia Nascimento Gomes from Brazil: Packages of the heart: the passage of the medium. +
• Vicenta Giménez Mollá & Amaia Alejos Martín from Spain: A traumatic event: bioenergetic therapy applied in a company environment.
◎ Social Category: 5 papers
• Maria Adélia Piquet Gonçalves Menezes from Brazil: Grounding: the bioenergetic analysis as a support for the young adolescent apprentice in the labor market . +
• Alexandre Franca Barreto from Brazil: Bioenergetics as a public policy of integrative health.
• Ana Alonso Martín Loeches, Nuria Castaño Gutiérrez, Inmaculada Díaz Pérez, María Fresno, Ainoa Martín Sánchez, Mikel Pagola & Blanca Peral Cabrera from Spain: Creation of a new social service in bioenergetic analysis therapy with low rates for economically disadvantaged patients.
• Monica Monteriù from Italy: Pilot project gender violence prevention and health promotion.
• Scheila Patricia Nascimento Gomes from Brazil: “May Love awaken in all beings” Sri Prem Baba. +
The evaluation of the papers was made by a small team of referees, representing the 3 regions of the IIBA:
• Research Category: Livia Agresti (Europe), Jan Parker (Nanziba) and Martha De Carvalho Rocha (Latin America)
• Social Category: Livia Geloso (Europe), Paola Alessio (Nanziba) and Rebeca Lea Berger (Latin America)
• Clinical Category: Edith Liberman Alpersohn (Europe), Carol Melnick (Nanziba) and Eulina Maria De Carvalho Ribeiro (Latin America)