The International Institute for Bioenergetic Analysis (IIBA) is an organization dedicated to the spread of modern Bioenergetic Analysis in the world and to the support and encouragement of its members in their activity as Bioenergetic therapists. Through that mission, modern Bioenergetic Analysis develops and grows. The support the IIBA provides to its members, and to the various groups within the IIBA in which members are organized -- local societies and regional federations -- enhances the work being done at the local and regional level to develop members’ capacities as Bioenergetic Therapists, and the expansion of the method of modern Bioenergetic Analysis with the aim of alleviating human suffering.
The International Institute for Bioenergetic Analysis (IIBA) is an organization dedicated to the spread of modern Bioenergetic Analysis in the world and to the support and encouragement of its members in their activity as Bioenergetic therapists. Through that mission, modern Bioenergetic Analysis develops and grows.
- The IIBA provides support to its members, and to the various groups within the IIBA in which members are organized (like in local societies and regional federations).
- The IIBA enhances the work being done at the local and regional level to develop members’ capacities as Bioenergetic Therapists, and the expansion of the method of modern Bioenergetic Analysis with the aim of alleviating human suffering.
- The IIBA was founded Dr. Alexander Lowen in 1956.
- Our members are our most valuable asset. We appreciate the work done by our local societies around the world. We are sensitive to the cultural differences of the number of countries in which there are local Bioenergetic Institutes.
- We are an open-minded institution committed to continuous improvements through research and sharing knowledge between our members and with other professional groups.
- The overall vision of the IIBA is embodied in the highly competent ethical practice of Bioenergetic Analysis by offering workshops and trainings by our most experienced Bioenergetic Therapists.
- As a member of this organization you are part of a vibrant and alive global community of more than 1200 professional mental health practitioners who are committed to the life of the body. When you become a member of a larger body with standards of practice and a code of ethics, such as the IIBA, you automatically increase your professional credibility.
- You are part of a large network of Bioenergetic Therapists who can refer clients to you and to whom you can refer, with the knowledge that they understand and can work with the body and that these Bioenergetic Therapist have a deep knowledge of their own body and emotional life.
- Special Interest Groups provide you with the opportunity to exchange knowledge with people who work in the Bioenergetic Analysis area, all around the world.
Be part of a vibrant community of people who share the passion for Bioenergetic Analysis.
The IIBA supports you through some useful benefits:
- Awareness: Learn about bioenergetis, new ideas and professional development workshops.
- Credibility: It shows clients that you are engaged and taking initiative, staying current with changes in the field of Bioenergetic Analysis.
- Contacts: You have access to member database; other resources and you are listed in the Therapist Directory.
- Advertising: Your practise can be featured in directories and through our social media channels.
- Savings: Take advantage of discounted registration fees.
- Networking: Find opportunities to attend events and get in contact with like-minded people from around the world.
- Lobbying: There is strength in numbers.
- Volunteering: Get involved in committees, conferences and workshops.
- Awards: Access to the IIBA (Young) Awards.
- Publications: Subscription to the International Newsletter and Clinical Journal.
“… I just want to say how good it feels to belong to our wonderful community! …”
“… It is wonderful to reconnect with the members of the IIBA and with all the friends and colleagues during the biannual conferences and Professional Development Workshops. Every time, another page of good IIBA memories is added to my already very full Memories Album. …”
An IIBA membership is one year in duration and renewed annually. Most of our Members belong to a Local Society or Training Group. In this case our Members pay their IIBA Dues to their Local Society or Training Group, who will send them in one sum, and in due time, to the IIBA. For some reasons, we also have Member at Large (MAL) who are not being part of an affilated Local Society. in this case, the Member at Large pays the IIBA Dues individually to the IIBA.
Dues for the coming year have to be paid from August 1 until October 30.
Student Membership is open to Students who are undertaking a training in the theory and practice of Bioenergetic Analysis following the guidelines and curriculum of the IIBA.
Certified Bioenergetic Therapist (CBT)
Any individual who is a Certified Bioenergetic Therapist by the IIBA.
Retired Certified Bioenergetic Therapist
Retired CBT Membership is open to individuals who have retired as a Certified Bioenergetic Therapist and who wish to maintain the IIBA Membership in retirement.
Any individual who becomes appointed as a Local Faculty Member by the Local Teaching Committee and works as a Local Trainer in IIBA affiliated Local Societies.
International Faculty Member
Any individual who belongs to the IIBA International Faculty taking care of Certified Bioenergetic Training Programs offered throughout the IIBA affiliated Local Societies.
Emeritus Faculty Member
Emeritus Membership is open to retired Interational Faculty Members, who have been a member in good standing for at least 15 years and are 65 years or older. Emeritus Membership is a high honor that is only granted to retirees who have made a significant contribution to the IIBA. Emeritus Membership has been designed to recognize and express appreciation to distinguished retired Members for their contribution and commitment to Bioenergetic Analysis.
Associate Membership is open to people interested in the field of Bioenergetic Analysis.
Join one of our IIBA affiliated Local Societies
We invite you to join one of our IIBA affiliated Local Societies. Find your Society! We have more than 50 affiliated Local Societies and Training Groups worldwide.
If there is not a affiliated Local Society or a Training Group in your area, you might want to consider setting one up. We provide support to new Societies and Training Groups as they get themselves off the ground. Please contact our Back-Office. .
Condition for paying dues are given by our affiliated Local Societies. Please contact your Local Society Administration for more details.
For our Members at Large, payments can be done by:
- Bank wire: please contact our Back-Office for more information.
- Online payment via PayPal (by Credit Card or by using your PayPal Account)
Rejoining the IIBA
Membership Dues Refund Policy
Please read our Membership Dues Refund Policy.
There are many ways that you can contribute to IIBA activities. Our volunteer opportunities encompass a wide range of interests, skills and goals, so find the opportunity that’s right for you. Ready to volunteer?
The IIBA is governed by a volunteer Board of Trustees (BoT), comprised of 11 elected members who serve three-year terms. The collective wisdom, experience, diversity and passion of the BoT ultimately sets and executes IIBA’s core ideology: Our core purpose - IIBA’s reasons for being, and our core values - the essential and enduring principles that guide IIBA.
Our vitality and relevance is driven by the BoT and its volunteers.
The IIBA has its special Teaching Committee in order to keep updated all curriculum policy and procedures concerning the initial and continuing education of all Bioenergetic Therapists.
Working Groups are created for specific tasks.
The general responsibility of the Faculty Committee is to review and administer the policies and procedures of the IIBA; to review, discuss, and rule on matters pertaining to our members; and to provide a forum for the discussion of members concerns within the IIBA community.
The IIBA Awards evaluators make the IIBA Awards program possible.
The IIBA Awards have been created to
- support clinical work,
- social work and
- research in the Bioenergetic community.
Our IIBA Awards Volunteers use their expertise to independently evaluate IIBA Awards submissions, using the provided IIBA Awards description and confidential evaluation guidelines and rating sheets.
Attendees at IIBA events hone their skills by learning from and sharing with experts.
IIBA recruits volunteers regularly to present information, new researches, or share their experience at our IIBA International Conferences and IIBA Professional Development Workshops.
- Menu ...
- Bioenergetic Analysis
- Our Community
- Our Practice
- Our Events
- Our Resources
- Our Store
- IIBA Internal affairs
- Membership Directory